Summary of the month of OCTOBER!

Starting from this month, I am trying to do a summary of each month just to document a couple of memorable events that happens , even the tiniest little things that we do :)

October is a special month as it is my cutest hubby and daddy's birthday...

Getting present for hubby is always an headache because he is very particular with his things. He likes to keep it simple... 

Last year I treated him at Gordon Ramsey @ MBS, the year before that- a personalised Photobook and a purse a year before that.

This year, I wanted to get him a drone that he wanted but he refused. And it is not something I could buy for him myself (as I am not sure which model and types that he wanted) so I thought maybe a short getaway will be nice... and a surprise one... and something that wouldn't make him tired... Desaru crossed my mind but that means he had to drive 1-2 hours there and 1-2 hours back, plus driving us around to get food etc... so crossed that off the list.

So when he is out for business trip to London, I saw this promo and booked us a 4 days 3 nights Royal Caribbean cruise to Port Klang. Fuss free and once we boarded, hubby can sleep all he wants and get the rest he needed....I wanted to book it on 7th October weekend which coincides with my dad's birthday but realise that I had Piano Theory Exam (luckily I realise that before I booked)...

So we had an early birthday celebration for the two big boys in my life....

Mummy, I want to take a photo with you!
The happy daddy and pretty girl
Dad and mum..
It is everyone's first time cruising and everyone is super excited and happy beyond my expectation. Probably the best decision I made in a long time....even kids said that the few days they are on board, it is the happiest day for them (so far.. I am sure next time they will have other happier day.. like the day they get married :p)

Enjoying jacuzzi under the sun, on the sea....

This month, we are pretty obsessed with Avocado plus vanilla ice cream. Avocado has been selling at a steep price nowadays with very very minimal offer. Used to have some promo every now but these days, not much discount. Anyway I have been craving for it for ages and since no promotion for ages, I just buy them anyway ... healthy food (minus the ice cream of course)

And, I found my new favourite vanilla ice cream from Bulla (2 L for $12.95). Super yummy!

My new creation- just plain old avocado with basic vanilla ice cream...
And on big boy's actual birthday, we had HaiDiLao at IMM. It was pretty impromptu as initially we wanted to had a simple dinner at Sushi Express, Clementi Mall.

But daddy comes home early and we thought lets have HaiDiLao since it is not peak dinner hour so we should be able to get a seat...

Service is amazing as usual and they have this light up LED board. They also give fruit platter for birthday boy.

It is also the actual Mid Autumn Festival today, so we got a complimentary mooncake as well.

Love this light up LED board that they had...
One of the laid back Saturday that we stayed in Singapore, Jaclyn done some modelling.. haha


Love her pretty nails...
And 7th October is approaching and it is exam day!!!!

Buried myself in books...

This month, we also started the kids on swimming class. My conclusion---> if you want your kid to learn something, outsource it!

The kids improvement in swimming class is outstanding. Within 1-2 weeks , they are not afraid of water, can put their head inside the water and started kicking. Amazing!

We are ready...
Wefie is little thing we like to do for fun especially during waiting.... 

Did one when waiting for school bus!
Emmanuel's birthday party is amazing with cake baking and playing at the outdoor playground. Thanks for inviting Jaclyn. She had a blast!

Self made cake from the party!
This month, I rejoined the Facebook cooking group and got more ideas and encouragement in cooking more "special" food...

Presenting my "copy" fried century egg from our Taiwan trip.. not as good as the ones we had but not bad for my first attempt!
Fried century egg
Make some pork/prawn patty for western dinner on another day :)


And cha siew one of the day...
Cha Siew
My SIL baby is one month old now... so fast! And we got a full month celebration box :)


Last but not least--- movie night... This is the second one we did this year and it was fun...

Good movie, nice snacks and a fun filled night. We watched Cars this time round (bring back memories from our trip to US- Route 66)


That marks the end of October...

November will be busy as well with the kids year end concert, orientation for Jaclyn at her primary school and school holiday is here, which also means busy time for mummy... no more morning break. 

Till then.... 

Comments

You may also like:

Kidzoona indoor playground at Jusco Bukit Indah, Johor, Malaysia.

Great for family/ friends bonding- KUKUP 2 day 1 night TRIP

Winter in Perth 2014 (Day 13 and 14-FINAL)

Rest 'N' Relax @ Desaru Tunamaya Resort & Spa (3 days 2 nights)

A day trip to Fujairah, away from the hustle and bustle of Dubai.

Winter in Perth 2014 (Day 1 and 2)

Travel tips to Perth in Winter

Westgate Hotel Review (Ximending, Taipei, Taiwan)

My birthday treat. Hilton Endless Saturday Afternoon High Tea @ D9 Cakery, Hilton Hotel, Orchard, Singapore.

Staycation @ Crowne Plaza Changi Airport, Singapore